- Coffee: Reduces muscle pain after exercising by blocking the pain receptors. Women who drank 2 cups of coffee before a 30min bike run reduced their muscle pain in half.
- Duct Tape: To get a splinter out.
- Pencil: Place between teeth (without biting down) to relieve a tension headache
- Bandana/Cloth: Tie around your head tightly to relieve a migraine.
- Reduce Nausea: Almonds, accupuncture, accupressure, ginger
- Baby Shampoo & Water: 1 part shampoo to 10 parts water to clean crusty eyes from pink eye. The warm water loosens the crust and the shampoo cleans the eyelashes.
- Blisters: If you have to pop them, put hemmerhoid cream to reduce itching and mouth wash will dry the blister out.
- Chamomile Tea bags: Soak and place on face to reduce acne. It has a natural anti-inflammatory in it. Hold on pimple for 15min.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Drink a capful to relieve hiccups; May help with heartburn; put on cotton ball to reduce bruise or minor burn; clears pores - helps with acne; can be used as a disinfectant (cleans shower)**Make sure its not distilled**
- Aspirin: Smash 2 aspirin and make paste with water and put on pimple
- Banana peel: place on minor burn to relieve pain
- Lemon Juice and Grapefruit Juice: equal parts as an energy boost
- Vegetable shortening: use as a moisturizer
- Avocado: Place on skin to reduce wrinkles
- Papaya/Oatmeal: Antiaging facial; Strawberries could be used instead of papaya; leave on for 15min then wipe off with warm cloth
- Vodka: Footbath of vodka to get rid of smelly feet; soak for 10min; can also use rubbing alcohol
- Reduce sweating: Make a bath with 2cups lemon juice, apple cider vinager, baking soda, 2 cups tomato juice; 30min soak
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
The Doctors TV: Uncommon Cures and Home Remedies
I was watching The Doctors and they were talking about using household remedies. Here are a few...