Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Hi all!!! Sorry I've been a little quiet. We've been busy with family stuff.

We went over to my mom's house on Tuesday afternoon after Carver got out of school. It was a day earlier than I thought so I was scrambling to get everything ready and not forget something. It was also the day that we needed to pick up all the wreaths people bought from Carver for his school's fundraiser. They were hoping to get $3,000 to fund a new playground set (it's a non-profit Christian preschool) and they got over $11,000!!! How awesome! So anyways, we got everything loaded - in the POURING rain - and headed out of town. I think that extra day made everything more relaxing. Chris was able to duck/goose hunt almost every day.

We had Thanksgiving at my Mom's on Thursday. Then after Carver fell asleep my mom and I got in the car and headed to Yakima (45min away) to go to Walmart and Target. I wouldn't have gone that night if I didn't have a choice. Carver has been talking about how he wants a camo jeep just like Noah's and we just tell him to keep saving his money and he'll be able to get it. Well... I saw that Walmart had a battery operated camo SUV that in all actuality looks like a jeep! So we had to go. Then we got in line for Target. We were only in line for about 20-30min before we got inside the store. We opted not to get a cart, which was a perfect idea. After getting the few things we wanted, we waited in line to pay for AN HOUR AND A HALF!!!! It was crazy. We were both tired and our feet were killing us by the time we paid. We got home around 11:30pm and then Carver woke everyone up at 5:30am. Yay! So we went to Fred Meyer to get socks, mainly. Then we picked up my brother, Jake, and went back down to Yakima to go to Cabelas and the mall.

While we were at the mall, we ran into Carver's preschool teacher! It turns out she grows up in Naches (another small town close to Yakima). Carver got a little confused when he saw her and started crying but got over it quickly. He thought it was pretty cool that Nana and Pops got to meet Miss Erin. :)

After the mall, we came back to Ellensburg and Chris, Carver, Jake and I went to my grandma's for another Thanksgiving with my dad and his wife. We were a little late but it was a good time. After we left there, Chris dropped me off at Starbucks to have coffee with a friend and talk logistics about her baby shower I'm hosting, and Chris and Carver went out to Chris's uncle's house to deliver his wreath. Oh! I totally forgot to give my grandma and dad their wreaths! I got all the way home and realized they were still in my mom's garage. Thanks mom for dropping them off! :) Anyways, it was great catching up with Colleen and we've got a starting point for her baby shower. She's having a little boy in May. :)

Saturday morning, we helped my mom set up their Christmas tree and headed home. We had about 45min at home before we had to be at Chris's parents house for yet another Thanksgiving. Surprisingly, I didn't eat turkey at any of the meals we had. Guess I haven't fully recovered my meat eating from being pregnant. Sunday turned out to be a lazy, relaxing day. We were supposed to set up our Christmas decorations but never got around to it (or today, either, for that matter). Hopefully tomorrow we'll get some of it done.

That's what we did. It was a whirlwind and we're still recovering a little but it was a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up more on other things sometime soon. These dark evenings make me tired way too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment


AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers


AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers