Monday, November 5, 2012

Making Apple Pie Filling

The weekend we went to Ellensburg to get Onyx, we clean picked all of the apples off of our trees so that my mom and I could make apple pie filling. I was originally planning on canning it, but freezing was so much faster so that's what we did. 

We got two big boxes - this was the smaller of the two.
 
The Apple-Peeler-Corer-Slicer (by Pampered Chef but they have a knock-off at Target) made the work go by so much quicker. 
 I did the peeling/coring/slicing and mom did all the mixing. We used Cinnamin, Nutmeg, sugar and lemon juice. Don't ask for the amounts, my mom just wings it. :)
 Then we measured out how much for one pie, put it in a freezer bag and stuck it in the freezer. I think we made 6-7 bags! It'll be so nice to just pull out one of these and make a pie... like at Thanksgiving and Christmas ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Carver

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Noah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers