Saturday, June 13, 2009

FULL TERM!!!

So I've made it to 38 weeks. I have to say, I've really enjoyed being pregnant and *gasp* don't want it to end yet. I could very well change my mind within the next week but I'm pretty content right now.

We went to the Dr yesterday - yes, Chris finally was able to go with me again. He's been really busy with work but he figured it out so that he could come yesterday. :) Anyways, I finally got my first internal exam. My cervix is about 80% thinned and I'm not dilated yet. The Dr is pretty sure that I'll make it to my appt next friday but he's thinking that I'll most likely go into labor before my due date. Yea!!! I feel so much better knowing the status.

My swing arrived on wednesday. Kim had bought it for us at Babies R Us but when I got it home and started putting it together, there was a big rip in the back of the fabric. So I took it back and they didn't have anymore in stock so I ordered it online. The best part was that my rewards card didn't deduct the points when I returned the first swing so I got double the points! Anyways, it arrived Wed and I set it up and now it's sitting in the living room just waiting to be used. :)

Today we're going to a graduation party for one of the boys that grew up down the street from Chris and is like a brother to him. He was also in our wedding. I'm praying that my water doesn't break while we're there (and the fact that my dr is out of town this weekend). :)

That's about it for now. Here's the weekly survey to fill you in on anything I forgot.

How far along? 38wks 0 days
Total weight gain/loss: up 26lbs (3lbs from last wk and 1lb from this week)
Maternity clothes? I'm tired of wearing the same clothes!!!! I've broken out my yoga pants and have been wearing those.
Stretch marks? nothing new
Sleep: I've actually been sleeping through the night! I get up around 5-5:30 to go to the bathroom and then go back to sleep until about 7am. Its great!
Best moment this week: Dr's appt, getting a wedding gift for one friend, and a baby shower gift for another (getting things accomplished)
Movement: still rolling around in there. I'll probably miss this the most
Food cravings: lemonade
Gender: Still a boy
Labor Signs: braxton hicks and pressure
Belly Button in or out? half the day its in, then it pops out for the second half
What I miss: not having to go to the bathroom every 15min
What I am looking forward to: Grad party today, PHS Grad tomorrow, possibly going into labor this week
Weekly Wisdom: don't push yourself and stand too long - just creates a lot of pressure and that's no fun
Milestones: 80% thinned, first internal exam, FULL TERM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carver

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Noah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers