Thursday, June 4, 2009

37 weeks

First here's an update about my dr appt last friday...
  • I didn't get my first internal (that will be tomorrow)
  • I'm going to the doctor every week now
  • The Group B Strep test was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be
  • Carver weighs about 5.5lbs and we're pretty sure is head down (we'll know better tomorrow)
  • The dr let us go to Ellensburg for the weekend to be at Jake's graduation party and see the boys one last time before they go to Malibu
  • I asked what his policy is on episiotomies and he said that unless it's absolutely necessary, or I'm tearing, he doesn't do them.
We got to spend the weekend with my family in the burg and the heat. It was in the upper 80s-90s the whole weekend. On saturday we went down to Selah to cheer on the Girls Fastpitch team in the State Championship game. It was a really good game and the girls played their hearts out. Jake's party was on sunday. It was the whole Campainer group so there was 10 graduates there... aka big party. It was a lot of fun and we got to see a lot of people that we haven't seen in a while. Then we had to come home. :(

It was my last trip anywhere until after monkey comes so that was sad. I'm pretty much homebound until I deliver now. I can go up to an hour away but I'm not too comfortable going many places by myself.

We finally bought a portable air conditioner a couple nights ago. We've been talking about it and were definitely planning on getting one before monkey comes so it worked out. It definitely helps keep the house cooler. :)

Chris has been helping Kim and Greg with their front lawn. He's installing a sprinkler system for them and 'advising' them on how to go about doing things. So Kim said that she wanted to get us a couple big things off of our registry to thank us. We tried to turn her down but she insisted. So Kim and I went to Babies R Us and she got us a swing, the boppy and slipcover, and the mobile for the crib! I had a couple coupons so we used those and we walked out of there spending less than we expected! Thanks Kim!!!!

How far along? 37wks 0 days
Total weight gain/loss: up 22lbs still (i didn't gain any weight at my last appt)
Maternity clothes? I had to buy a pair of shorts and a dress yesterday (not maternity)... too hot out for my capris but I should still be able to wear them later
Stretch marks? nothing new
Sleep: I've been getting too hot and uncomfortable to sleep
Best moment this week: going to Ellensburg, getting A/C, Kim taking me shopping for stuff on our registry
Movement: movement has slowed down a little but not much... still likes to be on the go
Food cravings: strawberries and water
Gender: Still a boy
Labor Signs: braxton hicks and nesting
Belly Button in or out? still hasn't popped! its just a tiny crescent mark now
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach
What I am looking forward to: dr's appt tomorrow
Weekly Wisdom: Let Chris do things for you instead of trying to do them yourself (he wouldn't let me push the cart at Costco last night haha)
Milestones: Got the Swing, boppy & cover, and mobile **Thanks Auntie Kim**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carver

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Noah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers