Saturday, October 8, 2011

Update on the kiddos

Here's an update on Carver and the baby in utero. I feel like I haven't posted in forever (I haven't) so here's a little catch up.

CARVER:
  • He's trying to become a nudist (minus the diaper) especially in the mornings. For some reason he'd rather be naked than have his nice, warm, comfy jammies on.
  • He's been wanting to sleep on the floor, or the occasional laundry basket, instead of his bed.
  • We ordered the conversion kit for his crib so hopefully that will help with the sleeping issues.
  • He's slowly weening himself off from me rocking him to sleep. :*( But this will probably be good when I'm too big to rock him.
  • We got a double stroller and Carver LOVES it!!! It's the 2011 Bumbleride Indie Twin.
  • Chris is Carver's favorite person. We just bought an excavator and they're letting us use a smaller model until ours arrives (it's being shipped from across state) and Carver's in heaven! :) We've even used it as a bargaining chip. haha
  • Stats: 2yrs 4mo (on the 19th); slowly outgrowing 18mo but 24mo are too big (in 24mo jammies); size 4 diapers; size 6 shoes; 2-3T hats
  • Carver's interested in the potty. He says "baafoop" after he goes in his diaper... but he won't do ANYTHING on the potty. Even if he sits there for 30min with a sippy. :/ We're taking it slow.
  • Favorite words right now: football!!, bathroom, digger, baaabeee (sounds like bobby - for baby), fishes, sss sss (mustard/ketchup)
  • Favorite foods: not much. He's in a not eating phase again.

PREGNANCY/BABY #2:
  • I'm 14 weeks as of yesterday
  • I look like I did at 22-24wks with Carver
  • I've only been nauseous a handful of times... meaning I gained 4lbs between my last two appts :/
  • The baby is the size of a lemon (3.4in 1.5oz) Baby is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fliud as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.
  • I started feeling little flutters at 12wks 1day. With Carver it was 13wks 3 days. Chris first felt Carver at 16wks so we've got a little ways until that happens. I can't wait to see Carver's reaction when he first feels the baby!
  • Speaking of Carver, he LOVES the baby! He constantly wants to put his hand on my belly or lay his head there to snuggle with the baby. It's precious. :)
  • At our next appt (Oct 27th) we'll schedule our anatomy ultrasound (aka find out the sex!!!) This pregnancy has felt like it dragged during the 1st trimester but now it seems to be going by so fast!!!
  • I've already sadly had to give up apples. They give me really bad gas pains. This didn't happen with Carver until late 2nd/early 3rd trimester. Apples sound so good. :(
That's all I can think of right now. Hopefully I'll get better at posting. I have pictures of Carver's interesting sleeping arrangements so I'll post those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carver

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Noah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers