Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Glucose Tolerance Testing

I had to take my Glucose Tolerance testing today to check for Gestational Diabetes. You're supposed to fast for 12hrs and then drink a specialsupposed to be at the lab 15 drink within 5 minutes. EXACTLY 60 minutes after that you're supposed to have your blood drawn. Even one minute late on drawing the blood could mess up the results.

So I got up this morning and drank the drink. It didn't taste as bad as I thought it would. For some reason I wasn't thinking and left the house 15 min before I was supposed to have my blood drawn (I'm supposed to be at the lab 15 min early). But I got to the lab at exactly 9:45 (1 hr after I started drinking the drink). The lab tech said that it goes off of when you FINISHED drinking the drink so we had 3 minutes to do the paperwork and get set up.

All in all, it was pretty painless. And I got to eat after we were done. :) Hopefully I'll pass and won't have to take the 3hr GT test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carver

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Noah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers