Tuesday, April 28, 2009

31 week appt (from last friday)

Just remembered that ya'll might want an update on my last dr's appt from friday. So here goes...

Our appt was supposed to be on monday and I forgot to change the date in Chris's schedule so he wasn't able to come with me. It was bittersweet. I really wanted him to come but was so thankful that he was too busy. :)

I got the results from my glucose tolerance test and... I passed!!!! The dr said that my blood looked good and the test results were perfect! Yea! I was so worried that I would have to give up my sweets. :) Along with the usual dr appt things (weight, bp, and pee sample) the dr measured my uterus and said I have a perfect pregnancy - 31 cm at 31 weeks! So things are going right on schedule.

Speaking of weight though, I've gained 7lbs in the last month. That brings the total to 22lbs! I'm still considered underweight and am at the minimum of weight gain for pregnancy but the dr and nurse don't seem too concerned about it. I feel bad for gaining weight but then I realize that all the weight I've gained is baby. So I'm trying not to think about it. :)

I've officially gotten to the point where I am having dr appts every two weeks. So my next appt will be May 11th. Two weeks exactly would be my birthday so we scheduled it for the next monday. I hadn't realized that my birthday is so soon!!!

On a different note, we're going to Chris's grandparents cabin this weekend for our first anniversary!!! Chris said that he's getting one 'big' gift for anniversary/birthday/mothers day. I told Chris that combo gifts can't be the norm but this year I'll let it slide. :) I'm excited! There aren't a lot of big things that I've been wanting so it'll be interesting to see what he gets me. I'm hoping that he likes what I'm getting him... and no, you can't know what it is. He tends to read this every once in a while. haha I'll let you know after this weekend. :)

Anyways, that's enough rambling for now. Here's the ever popular survey since I haven't done it in a while...

How far along? 31wks 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: up 22lbs as of friday
Maternity clothes? yep... so comfy! i need some more short sleeved shirts and tanks
Stretch marks? just a couple on my hips
Sleep: not much... not comfortable
Best moment this week: 31wk doctor appt, getting our rocking chair
Movement: a whole bunch. he recognizes daddy's voice and will wake up when chris talks to him :)
Food cravings: food... nothing specific
Gender: Still a boy... the lady at taco time last weekend even guessed right by the way I'm carrying
Labor Signs: I'm suspicious of having braxton hicks but not positive thats what they are.
Belly Button in or out? slowly starting to pop
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, a nice cold sam adams summer
What I am looking forward to: cabin this weekend, my birthday, baby shower, mothers day
Weekly Wisdom: Get things done when you're in the nesting mood, it won't happen as quick otherwise
Milestones: Scrambling to keep up with all the business we've gotten lately! Yea!! Birth announcements and thank you cards are underway. We got the rocking chair and painted it. Getting caught up on scrapbooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carver

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Noah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers