Thursday, December 29, 2011

26 Weeks (a day early)

First, I finally decided to take pictures and do updates again. I've been on a hiatus since we got the diagnosis but decided that I still want to do a scrapbook so I need pictures and info.

We had a doctor appointment today. Everything seems to be on track. I do the glucose test in 2 weeks for gestational diabetes (yuck). I picked the lemon lime flavor since that's what I did with Carver and it didn't seem that bad. I'm hoping that it's the same this time. I asked Carver if he wanted to go to the blood draw with me and he said no. haha The doctor said that I could go into labor at any point but to not cancel any plans out of town - I'm going on a girls trip in a few weeks about 5hrs away and he said to go ahead and go. I'm thinking I'll deliver somewhere in the 30s week wise (I'm hoping 34-36wks). Other than all that, I made another appointment for 4 weeks from now and the Dr just said that if I notice a change in movement or a stop in movement all together to give him a call.

I'm pretty pooped so I'll post pictures tomorrow, but here's my stats for now.


  • How far along are you? 26 weeks tomorrow

  • Total weight gain: up 18lbs

  • How big is baby?: I'm not keeping track anymore.

  • Maternity clothes: all tops. I would need to buy new jeans so I've been wearing yoga pants and leggings. Maternity clothes was the hardest part for a long time. I still don't want to pay for maternity clothes and I don't want to answer questions that come along with shopping for maternity clothes.

  • Stretch marks?: No new ones.

  • Sleep?: Pretty good lately. I've found a pillow combination at my mom's that's perfect and I have a body pillow at home that's heavenly!

  • Best moment this week?: Seeing Carver's face on Christmas morning.

  • Movement?: He's gotten a lot stronger in his kicks in the last couple weeks. He's definitely a strong little boy!!!

  • Food cravings?: Sweets. I got a KitchenAid stand mixer for Christmas and the first thing I made was sugar cookies. haha

  • Food aversions?: nothing, really

  • Labor signs?: not really. I was never able to distinguish braxton hicks with Carver and I'm the same with this one, I guess. Hopefully nothing starts happening for another month.

  • Belly button in or out?: Slowly disappearing

  • What I miss: I really like being pregnant, I think I am already projecting what I will miss after he's born. All the little things that go with having a newborn.

  • What I'm looking forward to: Nothing really. Well, I guess my mom getting married tomorrow but nothing pregnancy-wise.

  • Milestone: Almost to 3rd trimester. I'm kinda scared to officially be in the 3rd trimester. That means that it's almost to the end. I just want to keep Noah inside for as long as possible.

  • I guess I've been kind of down lately. That usually happens after Christmas is over. But I have nothing to look forward to anymore until I go into labor. I'm doing ok though. So don't worry. After this wedding tomorrow, life will get back to normal and we can get back to our routine. We'll be home for at least the next 3 weekends and it'll be nice to just relax.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Carver

    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

    Noah

    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers