Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dr appt, switching trimesters... lots of changes

So we had a Dr appt yesterday. I had the usual (weight, blood pressure and pee in a cup) along with getting my belly measured and hearing the heartbeat. The dr says that Carver is still growing on schedule (even though some people seem to think that's he's huge). I have to get 3rd trimester lab work done and have my Gestational Diabetes test in three weeks. The GD test consists of a fasting for 12hrs, then drinking a lovely sugary drink (within 5min I might add) and then getting my blood drawn EXACTLY one hour after drinking the drink. Fun stuffs. Anyways, the dr wants me to do this a week before my next appt so that the results will be in at my appt.

When the nurse gave me the information and GD drink, we also got a diaper bag with lots of goodies in it! We will probably keep that diaper bag stocked and in the trunk of my car for emergencies.

Well, today marks my last day in 2nd trimester. Tomorrow I am officially in my THIRD TRIMESTER!!! Its kind of scary to think that this pregnancy is almost over and Carver will be here soon. We still have a lot to do before he gets here but we're counting down the days (ahem... 93 left) until we get to meet our little monkey.

We've got baby showers scheduled and in the planning mode. I'm not being allowed to help with a lot of it but it should be fun. We are also going to register for our birthing class that will be a full day in May. There's lots of stuff that needs to be done in the next 13 weeks but we're up for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carver

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Noah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers