Monday, May 24, 2010

On the verge...

... of becoming 1 year old! Carver has officially been 11 months for 5 days. I'm so in love with the little boy Carver is right now and yet I'm sad that he's growing up too fast. It seems like yesterday that I was at the hospital holding this tiny little newborn in my arms for the first time.

I'm in the throws of party planning but here's a few things that's going on in the life of Carver.

  • He now eats food for lunch and dinner. His menus consist of rice (for lunch and dinner), carrots, acorn and butternut squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, and applesauce. I'm still making all of the food and Carver loves it! We forgot his food when we went to mom's for the weekend and we had to buy baby food. It tasted disgusting! and it was mostly water. Carver would barely eat it.
  • Carver loves to stand up and tries to crawl up onto the couch (except he's still a little too short haha)
  • He has his front 4 teeth and the second set of upper fronts (the outside front teeth if that makes sense) are on their way in at the same time... which makes for some irritated gums :( poor buddy.
  • He says everything da - dada, di, do, etc. As soon as he learned how to say dada, he's refused to say mama... until yesterday. :) He won't say it outright to me but i hear it when he's playing.
  • He LOVES reading his books. He'll pull them off his bookcase and turn the pages and giggle. He'll even lay down on his belly and 'read'. I've yet to get a picture of it but it's adorable!
  • He plays catch with Chris. He'll actually throw the ball.
  • He loves to play in the garden with Chris. He actually climbed into one of the raised beds today and played with the worms. haha But he dropped them when they started squirming in his fingers.
  • He just loves his daddy. He'll follow Chris up and down the house as soon as Chris gets home from work. He becomes Chris's shadow.
That's it for now. I'm sure I forgot something but I need to get some sleep. Goodnight Moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carver

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Noah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers