Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What we've been up to... LONG POST

Here's what we've been up to since I last posted...

*The weekend Chris took Carver to see the chimps, we came home Saturday night because I was hosting a baby shower for Chris's sister, Kim, on Sunday. PS, the weekend before, I hosted a baby shower for Ayami. Ayami's having a girl and Kim's having a boy and they're due 2 days apart!

*Kim's shower cwas a lot of fun and we had about 30 people there! Between the two showers, I had a lot of people say that I should be an event planner. hmmm.... something to think about.

*April 2nd, we had a graduation party for Cody. He graduated from CWU a quarter early with 2 majors (Tourism & Recreation and Religious Studies) and a minor (Family Studies). He is moving to Colorado to work at a Young Life camp for a year and then he'll be going to Colorado State University for his Masters. He left on Monday the 5th and we already miss him. :*(

*Chris's grandpa died on 'Good Friday' (*See post below) and we were planning on going to Ellensburg that weekend for Cody's party and Easter. We heard that the pass was Traction Tires Required so we decided to leave early (aka 10:30ish) and take the truck. We had a couple errands to run and then we hit the road. At that time, the pass was closed in order to clear all of the spun-out cars off the road. We got to North Bend around 12:45pm and stopped for gas, and to feed Carver. By that time, the pass was open with no restrictions. So we kept going. The pass was fine, it was all of the traffic that made us take so long! In total, we were in the car for 4 hours! Carver did great though. He loves riding in daddy's truck. haha

*After church on Easter, Carver had a little bout with diarrhea. I didn't think much of it. But when I went to nurse him a little bit later, he threw up all over me. Luckily we caught it and he got a majority of it in the sink but he was miserable. :( So we left a bunch of clothes at my mom's and I had to ride home in my pajamas. I sat in back with Carver just in case he needed me but he slept the whole way home. He's had diarrhea ever since (it was a lot better yesterday and today though. * knock on wood*). In all of this, I ended up leaving without saying goodbye to Cody. I called him but I still wanted a hug. :(

*Chris got the flu bug Monday after work and was down for the count. Mom and Jake also got it on Monday. So we're trying to figure out who we all got it from. They're all better now.

*Wednesday night I was supposed to have a nail appt but my nail lady called and asked if I could reschedule because her daughter had the flu. So I changed my appt to Friday afternoon. This flu is everywhere!

*Carver and I were supposed to go to Ellensburg that Thursday for a dentist appt but when I checked the pass around 7am it was traction tired required with the thought of it getting worse throughout the day. So I called the dentist and rescheduled. Good thing, because the pass ended up closing later in the day. I just didn't want to chance it being alone with Carver.

*We had Chris's grandpa's memorial on Saturday April 10th (*See post below). We were feeding Carver his lunch when he decided to threw up all over his highchair. We're thinking that this was residual from his flu from Easter. He's also started teething again so he wasn't feeling up to par. I ended up standing outside for half of the service.

*Sunday we heard that both of Chris's parents and a brother-in-law all had the flu. Debbie is feeling better today but Jim anf Greg still have it.

*Mallorie and I have been trying to get together for a long time and something always comes up to prevent it. Sunday was no exception. She was supposed to come over but texted me saying that her aunt was back in the hospital because her cancer had returned. She has colon and kidney cancer and is stable right now but prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what Carver's been up to:
*He's eating two meals a day of rice and veggies (except for when he was sick of course)
*He's crawling everywhere and pulling himself up on things
*He's just now figuring out how to walk holding onto the couch/table/etc
*He says mama and dada but likes saying dada more... for now.
*He loves his cherrios and animal crackers!
*He likes helping mama in the office... aka playing with post-its, and pulling files out of the box
*He likes to push the buttons to call dada and nana
*He's still comfortably in 6mo clothes and size 1 diapers.
*We're toying with the idea of cloth diapers but still haven't made a decision yet. Please leave comments on what you think of them!

That's it for now. I'll probably think of something as soon as I post this. I'll try to get pictures up today while Carver naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment


AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers


AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers