Wednesday, February 25, 2009

23 weeks
Carver kicks and moves around constantly now. He's usually really active in the morning and when I'm sitting on the couch. We went to Ellensburg last weekend and brought back the dresser for the nursery. The dresser was the one that I used growing up. Chris painted white (again) and we're going to get door pulls that have monkeys on them. I've been feeling really good. I still have not been sick and have a lot more energy than 1st trimester. I've started nesting and have a hard time not buying clothes.

Its scary to think that we only have 17 weeks left until Carver decides to introduce himself to us. Our anniversary is only 2 months away and its a toss up deciding which is more mind-boggling.

Nursery Pictures so far...

Bookcase and nightstand. The only things that I got to paint were the wood circles and monkeys.


Valentines Day!!!!
I had bought Chris a baby blanket that says "I love my Daddy!". When we woke up this morning, Chris said that he was going to run to the store and get doughnuts for breakfast. When he came back he had flowers, a card, chocolate covered strawberries (which I've been craving for the last 3 days), and of course doughnuts. Awww! I didn't think that he was going to get me anything.

While we were eating doughnuts and watching tv, Babys R Us called to say that our crib was in. So we went to visit Chris's grandma for a little bit and then headed into Tacoma to pick up the crib. :) I also picked up the wall decals while we were at BRU. We had already painted the nursery (green with brown) so when we got home, we set up the crib.

21 week pictures

My belly button is slowly starting to disappear. It is half the size of what it used to be pre-pregnancy. haha

20 weeks... big ultrasound!!
We're half way there
Its a BOY!!!!! We had our level 2 ultrasound today with the ultrasound tech. She did a lot of measurements to make sure that the baby was growing on schedule. We got to see his skeleton, brain, heart, abdomen, hands, feet, and yes... his equipment. I thought for sure that it was going to be a girl so it was a big surprise for me. Chris is extremely happy! The tech printed out 11 pictures for us that show his different parts of his body. So we'd like to announce that Carver James Garland will be making his appearance in late June.

After our appt we went to Babys R Us and ordered our crib!!! They said that it should only take 7-14 business days to get here. I was worried because I've heard of people waiting 10+weeks to get their furniture.

After Chris got off work today, we went up to Silverdale and bought some baby clothes! They don't have summer clothes out yet so we couldn't really get any newborn sizes. But we got 2 pairs of ADORABLE shoes (camo crocs! and dark blue tennis shoes).

Stay tuned...

18 weeks


17 weeks

We went to the dr yesterday. As of now, I have gained a total of 3 lbs. I seriously thought that I would've gained more than that by now, but the dr and nurse don't seem worried. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time and got to see the baby on the ultrasound screen. Chris felt the baby for the first time 2 days ago and we told this to the doctor. He said that that was a little early but because of my size (5', 96lbs pre-pg) that I should be experiencing things about 2 weeks ahead of average. So we should be seeing the baby move around 20 weeks! We have the date for our 'big' ultrasound - Feb 4th! We're so excited! Only 3 weeks until we know if its a boy or girl.

We decided on nursery bedding. We're going to do Mod Ladybug for a girl (pink and brown ladybugs) and Monkey Business for a boy. We would paint the room two-toned pink/blue with a brown vine where the two colors connect and then ladybugs/monkeys around the walls.

I'm still feeling really good. I'm still really small and its not 'obvious' that I'm pregnant to strangers. But you can definitely feel my uterus and my belly is slowly getting bigger. I have not been as tired, and have more energy, since I have crossed over into my 2nd trimester. But I still get really tired and don't have a lot of motivation.

Thats about it for now. Hopefully I'll be updating more often now.
Until next time...

15 weeks


13 weeks

We had an appt yesterday and we're back on track!!! We got to see the baby and it was flopping around like a fish! :) The Dr said that we were 13 weeks and the baby "looks perfect". Yea!! I was so paranoid that we'd be even further behind but we're back on track as if we'd never had been behind in the first place.

Chris decided to share his cold with me. It hit me full force today. I guess it didn't help that we were out until 11:30 last night for Kim's (Chris's sister) birthday.

Anyways, I'm starting to ramble so I'm going to stop.
Until next time...

9 weeks... but maybe 7-8

We had our 9 week appt on monday and got to see the baby and it's heartbeat on the ultrasound! It finally made it real that we're having a baby. Smile The Dr thinks that I may only be 7-8 weeks instead of 9 though. He said that at my next appt (Dec 15th) that we'll get a more definite due date. Its frustrating being in limbo about how far along I am. Is the baby a raspberry or a green olive? haha

Last night was the first time that someone asked if this was a planned pregnancy. haha I just kinda looked at her and said 'Yes'. It's so interesting that people actually ask that question. The deed has already been done, there's no taking it back so what does it matter if it was planned or a surprise???

The bloating is getting worse. I've had to unbutton my jeans at least 5 times in the last week. I'm trying to hold off on buying maternity jeans though (no money Sad) Maybe someone will get me a gift certificate for christmas.

I guess that's it for now. I'm kinda rambling. Trying to procrastinate before starting invoices for the business.
Stay tuned.....

7 weeks
Today makes the beginning of week 7 and also happens to be our 6 month wedding anniversary!! I'm heading to Target to find a ones or bib to get my hubby to give him tonight. We're planning on going out to dinner tonight to celebrate.

Baby Update: Baby is the size of a blueberry. Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about 100 new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.


6 weeks and counting...


So, the first post is usually pretty awkward. We found out we were pregnant last week. I took a pg test tuesday afternoon. It was positive but i didn't trust it, so I kept the good news to myself. (which was really hard) Wednesday morning I took another test which was positive. On tuesday I had made a little card for my husband that said "Hi Daddy!". After I took the test wed. morning, I took both tests and the card to him (who was still in bed). At first he didn't believe it, but now he's really excited. He already started talking to the baby. Now, every morning when he leaves for work, he gives me a kiss and kisses the belly. haha

We were planning on keeping the news to ourselves until the coming weekend. I had told my husband that I wanted to tell my mom before we told anyone else. She lives 2 hours away and my in-laws live about 5 minutes away. She would've thought that we'd tell his parents first so I wanted to give her that one thing. Anyways, on wednesday, my husband called me around 10am saying that he wanted to respect me but that I needed to drive over to see my mom and tell her the news so that he could tell his family. So I drove over and suprised my mom and had lunch with her.

We went back over to Ellensburg that weekend and told my dad and grandma, among pretty much everyone in our church. haha Ellensburg is a small town and secrets don't last very long. On our way home on sunday, Chris wanted to stop at Babys-R-Us. haha We looked at cribs and other furniture. He was so cute looking at everything.

We went to our first OB appt two days ago where we found out that we were exactly 6 weeks along. Our next appointment will be Nov 17th (9 weeks) where we will hear the heartbeat.
As of now, I don't have any nausea or morning sickness. I don't have any weird cravings. I'm drinking A LOT of water and eating about every 2 hours. That about sums it up for now. Stay posted....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carver

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Noah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers